Sunday, September 6, 2009

When I woke up this morning, I told myself that today will be different. I will start anew ( I know it's weird but I have this thing for starting anew when the year is ending )

I will leave my past behind and move forward. No more daydreams, no more detours. I'll focus on my goal and work towards it. I cannot afford to sidetrack now.

I won't allow myself to sidetrack now.

Anyways, I went for a hike with my uncle, aunt and cousins today. Nothing spells "anew" than spending some quality time with nature. The trail was pretty tough, but I managed to hike about a quarter of the hill. My cousins and I kept looking back towards the trail we took.I thought it was quite low but I was amazed when I looked back down, We were actually quite high up. Buildings from the city could be seen, from the place we stood. My cousins and I rested for a little while before we decided to go back. Going down was also a challenge as some abseiling skills were required when we reached the steep bits. They even tied some ropes to ease our journey back down.

After that, uncle decided to take us for a ride around the hill. We wound the car windows down to enjoy the scenery and fresh air. Having the wind whipping you in the face is one of the best feeling I've had in these few days. I felt so..free.
A tremendous change from all the stress and work I had to go through every single day of the week.

Reached home not long after. Here I am now, blogging - after I told myself not to access the internet today. Tells you the level of my will power, huh.

Well, my uncle and aunt told me they will go back another day to hike up the hill again. This time, they will hike until the top before descending back. I told them I'll join them.

Maybe this time, I can actually hike up the hill without looking back at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment