Thursday, December 2, 2010

I am in love with Ron Weasley

Sorry for this super late post. I took a mini holiday right after I submitted my assignments :) This is drafted more than a week ago so, here goes!



I was supposed to wait until next weekend to feast my eyes on my childhood heroes but I could not wait any longer.

I really wanted to go to Leicester Square to watch it but none of my friends are as crazyfanatical as me so I actually thought of going to the nearest cinema instead.

However, I did manage to go to London to watch it because my housemate, Aaron was kind enough to accompany me.

Yes my dears, he actually followed me all the way to London just to watch Harry Potter and he has never watched Harry Potter before! Guys like him are on the verge of extinction already I tell you.

So, here is to a (hopefully) mind-blasting (insert Russell Peters' hand gesture) personal review of the most-anticipated part 1 of a finale this year.

I was on the verge of tears almost every single minute of this film. I find it quite hard to accept the fact that the characters I have spent the last nine years growing up with will finally bid goodbye. Maybe that was why I felt pretty emotional when Harry visited his old room at the cupboard under the stairs - before he left Privet Drive for good.
The way he looked at the toy soldier on the shelf was heartbreaking. To many, that may not mean much but to me, that moment truly signifies the end of Harry's innocence; the fact that he can never be that carefree boy he wanted to be.

Moving on, I think Snape's entrance to Malfoy Manor was supremely bad-ass! The effects are simply amazing and the fact that he can turn metal into smoke is damn freaking macho okay! The scene involving Charity Burbage was pretty disturbing, especially before she was killed (although the artist's illustration of the scene is way more disturbing than that). Nagini is just...ugh. I hate snakes.

Did you see how Ron treated Hermione throughout the whole movie? OMG HE'S THE SWEETEST BOY EVER! I really, really like the way he touched Hermione's face when they were at the cafe with the Death Eater. It's so...sweet and gentle! I want my future boyfriend to touch me like that too :(

I like.

Aside from that, I also like the scene where Harry danced with Hermione. Although it was pretty awkward in the beginning, the fact that Harry actually initiated was pretty sweet of him! I like how they transition from a happy, funny dance to a slow one :) Sho sweeet!

I'm also very impressed with the way they depicted the tale of the three brothers! I actually read about it the scene beforehand but it definitely did not do the effects justice! I thought they were going to use real actors for that but whatever they did was 100x better.

For those who have watched the movie already will definitely agree that the Bathilda/snake scene is pretty frightening, especially the part where the snake reappeared. Many people in the cinema actually screamed! I wasn't too shocked because I kind of expected something like that to happen already :P but it was pretty scary, nonetheless.

Ron's speech regarding the ball of light was so..nerdy sweet! Hahaha he's honestly the best and if you happen to watch it again, pay attention to the soundtrack. I am superbly in love with that song.

Apart from that, I was a bit bummed that they didn't show Luna's room :( I really wanted to see the painting on the wall.

The scenery on the other hand was just..breathtaking! The mountains, the lake..goodness me! I am absolutely in love with all the places they went, therefore I'm making a mental note to google them up and visit them during the summer :D



Well, to tell you that I cried when Dobby died would be an understatement because I bawled like a five-year old whose candy got stolen by Voldemort. That scene was just...crazy! Dobby has played a huge part in Harry's life and to see him die like that was really sad. The worst part of it is the fact that he died protecting the ones he love most and in the arms of someone he truly looked up to. As morbid this may sound,that is something I know deep down that I will never be able to do.

The best thing about watching Harry Potter in London is the fact that you can actually visit the sites easily after the show. Remember the part where Harry, Ron and Hermione apparated to Piccadilly Circus? Well, Aaron and I went straight to that place right after the show and we actually tried to find the exact place where they apparated (although I found out that it wasn't exactly at Piccadilly Circus itself after that. It was somewhere near there)

Remember the part where Harry and Ron had to flush themselves to sneak into the Ministry? Aaron and I found the exact washroom right outside Odeon! :P (although the real one is somewhere near Whitehall I think)

:P

To sum it all up, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 is one of the best movies I've seen to date. I absolutely can't wait for part 2 although I secretly don't want it to come because then I'll have to finally acknowledge the fact that my childhood is coming to an end. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment