Monday, October 4, 2010

It's 6.46pm here and I'm still very full from the beef and mushroom rice I had at 12pm. It'll be way later before I can have my dinner so I'll use the time to update here :)

Anywho, I made an impromptu decision to visit London last weekend. Luckily, Mr.Meanie Hynn was free during that time and he was nice enough to let me bunk at his place for a couple of days :)
I'm so sorry you had to sleep on the floor okay.
Why are you such a gentleman? :P

So, after settling some stuff at the bank, I took an evening train to London from Hertfordshire with Winnie and Rachelle. The train was surprisingly quick as we managed to reach King's Cross in less than 30 minutes. As we reached the platform, I was rather surprised because the station did not look like how I remembered it would be like. Apparently, half of the platform was under construction. I was feeling a bit disappointed until I saw a familiar face at the corner of the platform.
At least I could see someone familiar amidst a sea of strangers :)

After sending Rachelle to her designated spot, Hynn brought me back to his place (which was way better than mine ok). I had the privilege to choose the places that I would like to go so I jot them all down before dinner. We had dinner with his hall mates before we went back for bed. Before that, he was supposed to tell me some ghost stories but I felt asleep before he could :P

St. Pancras station, which is next to King's Cross

Thank goodness it did not rain in the morning the next day as we made our way to town. The first stop that we went to was King's Cross as I wanted to find the half-stuck Harry Potter wall. I remembered they said it was between platform 8 and 9 but it wasn't there when we arrived. I was damn disappointed I tell you.We walked around for a bit before we decided to head on to the next destination.

I was a bit blur regarding the oyster card so I looked damn lost as we walked towards the tube. Hynn helped me out but he called me a Swah-ku - which literally meant mountain tortoise or as you call it, ulu (Now you know why I call him meanie)
Hmmph.

The next place that we headed to was Leicester Square (if you know me really well, you would know the reason why I want to go there :P) Walked around the place for a bit before heading towards Chinatown

I think this was at Leicester Square :P

Chinatown

It was really cooling to walk around the city. Before I knew it, we were already at Piccadilly Circus



Out of all the places that I've visited on that day, I was pretty impressed with Piccadilly Circus the most :) It looked exactly how I pictured it would be.


We then decided to visit Buckingham Palace.



:)

Pretty gates

Since we were around the area, we walked towards London's iconic clock and the London Eye





When that was over and done with, we took the tube to High Street Kensington because I was really keen on visiting the Peter Pan statue. We didn't really know where Kensington Garden was so Hynn asked the guard at the station. He actually gave us the wrong direction which made us walked around like mad. We were too tired to carry on so we stopped for lunch before continuing on.

After lunch, we continued on walking. It didn't help when it started to rain. In the end, we asked for more directions (well, he did :P) before we managed to find the garden. I was really happy when we did but the downside of it was the fact that the statue was halfway across the place so we had to walk a big round to reach it.

Halfway there, Hynn decided that it would be quicker if we were to walk on the grass instead of following the pathway. To my horror, the grass area was soaking wet! As I emerged from that area, my boots and socks were already beyond wet.

After walking for what seemed like ages, we finally found the statue :)


I've always wanted to see this statue ever since I was 13 so it felt like a dream come true when I saw it with my very own eyes.

It was pretty late when we were done with that so we headed back to King's Cross. I really wanted to find the Harry Potter wall therefore we decided to give it another try. In the end, we managed to find it. It was at the end of Platform 8 :)
I was really really really ecstatic :D

If only I could go through that wall ;)

We then went back to his place for dinner. I asked him to tell me those ghost stories again but he refused. Since he wouldn't entertain me with them, I chose to watch Shutter instead. Some parts were really shocking but overall, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.
Regardless, it was pretty funny to watch horror movies with Mr. Meanie :P
Right, Mr. Choo? Hahahahahaha

I can't wait to go back again because I really, really like it there.
I think I just found my home
:)


PS: Thank you Hynn Choo! As much as I refuse to admit this to your face, you're one awesome host! :)
Now, I'm off to Hogwarts. See you!


1 comment:

  1. Mr.Awesome wanted to comment on this post but he couldn't.
    He said:

    "you really really should stop using my name so much! ppl might find your blog when they google my name :P hahaha! but you are most welcome :)
    and i should thank YOU! coz if you didnt come i might still not have visited half of london!

    ps. you kinda played down the part about how you DID NOT RESEARCH ABOUT THE PLACES YOU WANTED TO VISIT AND MADE US WALK LIKE FRODO IN LORD OF THE RINGS!!!"

    ReplyDelete